Monday, April 29, 2013

Greetings


Hello, all and welcome. 

A brief introduction:
My name is Lynn and I am currently a college undergrad studying linguistics. That being the case you may wonder why I’m writing a blog about entertainment rather than languages. While I do have an extreme love of language I am also an avid fan of all types of entertainment. Be it books, movies, music, television shows, or whatever else. As such I wanted a good way to share this enjoyment of entertainment. 
While I initially just plan to review whatever I am currently watching that isn’t my long term goal here. What I would love would be for you, the reader, to send in request of things that you would like to see reviewed. Whether this is because you want someone else’s opinion on that movie before you waste money renting it, you want to know how suitable the content might be for varying age ranges, or because you just want to know what I think of your favorite movie or show, doesn’t matter. Of course, if you do have a specific reason for wanting the review in mind, feel free to include it in your request so that I might address it as best I can. 
As far as request go I don’t want to put too many restrictions on this. My general idea is if you request it I will review it. However, realistically there might be some obstacles to this. Firstly, lets keep the reviews to movies and or television shows for now. I might get ambitious and review some books in the summer, but like I said, I’m a college student which means I don’t have much time for anything other than movies and shows. Secondly, if you request something its going to take me a little while to get a review up for you. Unless it is something I own, which is possible, I will need time to buy or rent it, watch it and write the review. So if you request a review of something obscure, it’s going to take a little longer for me to accomplish this. Also make sure your request isn’t something I’ve reviewed previously. Thirdly, I reserve the right to refuse to review something. I’m open minded about what I’ll watch and I will review movies of any rating or genre, but I’m not going to guarantee I will watch everything requested. 
On somewhat of a side note about reviews, I will attempt to write reviews for anything people request. However, if I reach a point where I am receiving too many request I may have to change my model for how I run this. 
Finally I wanted to provide you with a brief summary for what I hope to include in my reviews. First I want to talk about the aesthetics of the movie or show, including such things as acting, music, camera technique, etc, and provide my opinion of them. Besides this I will provide my own opinion of the movie based on how entertaining I find it, and how good I feel the writing and plot are. Thirdly, I will try and include information about what the movie or show is rated and why it has received this rating for those who may be concerned with this. If there are other elements that you would like me to include in my review let me know and I will make my best effort to do so. 
Thanks for reading, and I hope this can be the start of something fun and helpful for all involved. So let the request begin. 
-Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment